23.5 Total Credits Required
|Total Credits Required||23.5|
- * Required for college-bound students
- ** This is required for students graduating after 2008.
- *** May include art, music, humanities, community service, internships, externships, school service, or other school-approved programs.
- - Must pass 4 out of 5 sections of the minimum Competency Exam.
Senior Project Due Dates
- September 9, 2011 - Thesis Statement (grade will go in for first quarter)
- November 7, 2011 - Rough Draft (grade will go in for second quarter)
- January 9, 2012 - Written Component (grade will go in for third quarter)
In order to fulfill the graduation requirement, students must do 30 hours of service. Students must present a letter from the institution on their letterhead, with the supervisor's signature and a contact phone number.
Students are not limited to the minimum credits
Some students do NOT want to graduate with the minimum credits, some do. Some students want their transcripts fuller and richer with courses they love, or courses related to their chosen fields -- so, they add more credits. Some students NEED to add additional courses in order to be accepted into the college they want. In such cases, students may greatly increase the value of their transcript, increasing the possibilities for scholarships, grants, and acceptance at more select colleges. In short, you may graduate with as many credits as you wish to earn, as long as you receive at least the minimum required.