Upper Division at CAP
A Messsage from the Principal
- Alberta O'BrienDear Parents and Guardians of CAP:
I hope that everyone is having a summer filled with relaxation and fun experiences. Enclosed, there is the yearly academic calendar. Please use the dates on the calendar to schedule trips and vacations during the school year. It is important that the students have very few interruptions to their studies. It will be updated throughout the school year on the website, in addition, to the students’ monthly calendars. Please ask your child for the calendars.
Don’t forget that along with academics, we encourage students to join extracurricular activities like, sports teams (varsity and junior varsity), Spanish club, Promethean Reader, Yearbook, Prom Committee, Drama Club, Choir, Drumline, Student Council, and Art Club. Remember that students with good academics and behavior can be nominated for the Oversees Trip or North Carolina Outward Bound. This is the second year of our participation in the Puerto Rican Day Parade and anyone interested should contact Ms. Colon. We came in 2nd last year.
We will continue to use a computer system this year called Power School for grading. Parents and students are able to access the system and see grading and attendance each day. Parents are able to check homework, test and quiz grades without delay. The school will provide students and parents with a log in and password. Parents are able to set up the account to send email alerts from the school. There will be a workshop for all families about how to use PowerSchool.
There will be a uniform swap at Back to School Night this year, on September 12th. Here is a list of reminders for students for the end of the summer.
1. Read the summer reading. You will be tested on it. The list is on the website.
2. Community service is state-mandated. Please, have it done as soon as possible. A letter stating the hours of service (at least 30 hours) can be submitted at the guidance counselor’s office.
3. There are student yearly planners being sold in the school store.
ROSTERS & FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- 9th grade students will come to school on Aug 28th for Orientation from 8:30AM-12:15 PM.
- 10th grade students with a last name between A-M must come to school in uniform on August 31st at 9am to pick up their rosters. 10th grade students with a last name between N- Z must come to school in uniform on August 31st at 10 am to pick up their rosters. Supply lists will also be given out.
- 11th grade students with a last name between A-M must come to school in uniform on August 30th at 9 am to pick up their rosters. 11th grade students with a last name between N- Z must come to school in uniform on August 30th at 10 am to pick up their rosters. Supply lists will also be given out.
12th grade students will come to school on August 29th for Orientation from 9AM - 11AM.
Students with the last name between A - F will go to H25
Students with the last name between G - L will go to H14
Student with the last name between M - Q will go to H18
Students with the last name between R - S will go to H08
Students with the last name between T - Z will go to H19
All students report to school for classes on
I hope that everyone has a productive new school year,
September 4th for a B-schedule.
Alberta Proietta O’Brien, MS
Upper Division Principal
Contact the Principal